Clinical Trials & Publications Specialist – Orthopedic Medical Devices (Contract position)
The Jon Block Group, Inc. is a boutique clinical affairs consulting firm located in San Francisco with a fast-growing global client base. We specialize in orthopedic and musculoskeletal medical devices with particular emphasis in the spine field. As a result of the demand for our services, we continue to hire high caliber resources to support our growth. Members of our team operate with integrity, and are flexible, reliable and responsive. If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work with a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, please apply today.
Provide expertise as a functional consultant to biomedical clients of the Jon Block Group, Inc. Primary responsibilities will include development of:
- High-caliber manuscripts for peer-reviewed medical journals
- Peer-reviewed abstracts
- Clinical study reports and dossiers for regulatory and reimbursement reviews
- Clinical trial protocols
This off-site opportunity requires strong medical writing skills with emphasis on surgical procedures and medical devices. Special consideration will be given to applicants with extensive industry background and knowledge in the musculoskeletal area.
Other Duties and Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated familiarity with citation search and referencing software such as EndNote
- Strong relationship builder capable of interacting with executive-level clientele, opinion leaders, academics and support staff
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and responsiveness
- Strong analytical skills with a firm understanding of clinical biostatistics
- PhD or MD with strong writing, analytical and problem solving skills
- Practical knowledge of medical device product development
- Research expertise in musculoskeletal disorders and orthopedic conditions
- Minimum 3 years experience developing peer-reviewed publications
- Understanding of biostatistics, data management, interpretation and presentation
- Knowledge of various journal formatting requirements
- Ability to guide clients through the regulatory maze process, including, but not limited to, protocol development, clinical trials design, IDEs, PMAs, IRB applications, CE mark, etc.
- Ability to craft a compelling story from researched data
- Capability of committing a minimum of 80 hours per month
- Excellent communication, organizational skills and customer service focus
- Background as a consultant is a must
1. Forward letter of interest (emphasizing your experience developing peer-reviewed manuscripts) with a current resume/CV
2. Include a sample manuscript that you are most proud of where you were the primary author – (medical device only)
If you meet the requirements of a position and want to work with a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, please contact us today.